Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Confidence 'Cakes

Shop: Delta Gamma at DePauw
Cupcake: store bought Chocolate and Vanilla
Review: Just as expected, a good thing in a world with many surprises. Yummy, pretty soft, plain flavor.

If I learned one thing from my three trips to Indiana this year it's that you really can't judge a book by it's cover.  Look at these cupcakes, for example, and you see your average, store bought chocolate and vanilla treats.  They probably even look a little stale.  
While they're not exciting and fancy, I know exactly what I'm getting into when I buy one.  People are like this too.  Often times I try the fun looking and colorful cupcakes because I somehow think it will make my life more exciting, but it's not something I would ever try again.  Give me a chocolate cupcake any day though and I'm on it.  I have a lot of friends in these two categories, too.  Some are fun to hang out with every once and a while, but my stale old vanilla friends are the one's that I think about daily, send birthday cards, call late at night, and the one's I trust. I guess that's the most important thing to me, trust.  It gives me the confidence that I'm making the right choices and will have someone to back me up if I slip.  

No comments:

Post a Comment